International Students

Hollywood Career Institute
Welcomes International Students

Hollywood Career Institute is authorized by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services to issue the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility forms. The school accepts M-1 visas for those students wishing to attend our Institution.

Applicants are encouraged to apply and submit applications for Admissions at least 60 days before the start of a program. International students are asked to furnish proof that they can read, write, and speak English fluently (Take and Pass with at least 44 the Pearson English Test). They also must submit the following documents:

  • Successful completion of a secondary school program equivalent to high school in the United States. (All Diplomas from outside the U.S must have an OFFICIAL English translation, and Evaluation by an approved translation entity by the U.S Consulate in your country)
  • An official bank letter with the current balance and the average balance over the past three months.
  • Send proof of a valid passport for 6 months or more.
  • Affidavit of support (Notarized) if someone else will sponsor you.
  • Take and pass with at least 44 the Pearson English Test

How to Apply as an International Student:

  1. After you speak with an International Admissions Representative and decide on the program you want to enroll in, you will fill out the application and submit the necessary documentation to process your Form I-20.
  2. Once your application is complete, Hollywood Career Institute will issue the initial attendance I-20 through SEVIS. The I-20 will be sent to your personal email.
  3. The Department of Homeland Security has implemented a $350.00 SEVIS I-901 Fee. Please be advised that Hollywood Career Institute is not involved in the administration of this fee. It is your responsibility to make this fee payment directly to SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program). For more information regarding this fee, you may visit
  4. After you receive your I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee, you will need to visit the US Embassy/Consulate in your home country to obtain the M-1 Visa.
  5. Once you get your visa approved, you will have to notify our institution by email.
  6. You will have to be present on the start day of class to be eligible to be in the program.

Maintaining your Status as an International Student

  1. You will always have to keep your passport valid.
  2. Report any change of address to Hollywood Career Institute within the 5 days of moving (Director/Assistant Director)
  3. Attend the approved school on your I-20.
  4. Pursue your full course of study.
  5. File a timely application for program extension.

Obtaining Health Insurance as an International Student

If you need Health Insurance, get in contact with
Or call 1(800)240-0369

Downloadable Files

Hollywood Career Institute M1 Affidavit of Support
International Students at Hollywood Career Institute