Behavioral Health Technician in Hollywood FL
What is Behavioral Health Technician???
Come Join The Fastest Growing Industry
Average salary is $13-$16 Hr to start
Our Behavioral Health Training offers candidates a clear understanding of this field, using many real life scenarios. Each student will feel at ease when completing this course that he/she will be well prepared in all aspects of this career. We will prepare you in full knowledge of both personal and legal expectations.
The Behavioral Health Technician is a member of the multidisciplinary team, who is directly involved in providing quality care for clients. The Behavioral Health Tech is responsible for facilitating meetings and providing structure for, during, and after hours and weekend activities. The position requires a lot of walking and Techs must be able to remain on their feet throughout their shift. The Behavioral Health Tech works within the facilities policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards of the State and Federal regulations.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES TYPICALLY ARE:
- To ensure the health and safety of clients at all times.
- Documents client information in the electronic health records in a timely manner with accuracy and precision.
- Must exhibit caring, conscientious attitude and demeanor.
- Understands and maintains confidentiality of client information and records.
- Recognizes crisis situations and provides appropriate interventions based on training and experience.
- Assists in emergency situations as directed.
- Ability to work cooperatively with personnel at all levels. Willingness to adapt to a constantly changing environment. Able to accept supervision and support. Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement)
- Understanding of treatment and or of the 12 step recovery process.
We Welcome Recovering Individuals
- Recovering individuals must have a minimum of 1 full year of abstinence from drugs/alcohol to be eligible for employment.
- Knowledgeable about all stages of treatment, relapse and recovery
- Supportive attitude with clear understanding of boundaries
- Able to fully complete intake paperwork, complete client log book entries
- Follow company policy and procedures, understand and follow all State and Federal HIPPA laws pertaining to confidentiality
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, maintain structure and supervision of clients during shift
- Available during weekends/nights
- Have appropriate crisis intervention training
- Oversee overall property cleanliness including tenant apartments for housekeeping
- Oversee medication
- Report all potential dangerous or violent situations
- Follow and successfully perform all duties assigned to BHT
This course will provide you with the following requirements:
A total of 30 hrs of training:
4 hours – Ethics and Professional Conduct
4 hours – Documentation and patient confidentiality
4 hours – Maintaining Client and Personal Safety
8 hours – Clinical Competence
10 hours – Electives Including HIV/AIDS and Domestic Violence
All of our classes fall within the guidelines of the Florida Certification Board and are based on their requirements to become certified as (CBHT) Behavioral Health Technician in the field of addiction
Start your career NOW!!! Get Prepared
Behavioral Health Technician