Security Guard “D” License Training
This program provides the necessary skills to grant the student entry into the Security Guard profession and provides the foundation necessary to pass the National Exam and obtain their “D” License.
Division of Licensing Requires:
- Each applicant must complete a (40) forty-hour course from a certified licensed facility. Training must include all core curriculum’s and compliance under Florida Statutes 493 and legal guidelines 5N-1.
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant cannot have prior disqualifying criminal history.
- The applicant must provide a full set of fingerprints.
- The applicant must legally be able to work in the U.S.
- The applicant must sign a personal inquiry waiver to allow the department to conduct background checks.
The Security “D” Course will teach students the basic principles of security including; physical security, access control, terrorism awareness and emergency procedures. Skill development shall include report writing, interviewing techniques, crime and accident prevention.
Included in the course:
- State Application
- Notarization for Application
- Fingerprint Card
- State Exams
Students must register prior to class start date to reserve a desk for there upcoming course.
Completion of Course
After the courses is completed, a Certificate of Completion will be given to the student. Applications are to be submitted to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing. Once submitted the student will receives there Class “D” Temporary Security License were he or she will then be able to work as a licensed security officer the same day in the State of Florida. Applications will be processed within 60-90 days of submission, afterwards initial license (hard copy) will be issued and mailed to applicant. Once issued Class “D” License will be valid for 2 years.